Do Your Sums
At Swingin the Blues we want to give you the complete package: an on-site, wonderful, stress free experience to allow you to focus on learning, dancing and getting to know the other dancers at the camp. Dance the night away for as long as you want (or can!), then wander to your room and sleep until breakfast is served the next day.
As such, there is only one ticket type for Swingin' the Blues, and it gets you all of this!:
- 4 nights accommodation in a fully serviced boutique hotel in the beautiful town of Katoomba.
- 3 days of lessons with 4 international and 8 Australian teachers
- Breakfast each morning
- 4 nights of social dancing until you drop
An accomodation-inclusive pass will cost you $945. We realise it's a big chunk of money but we believe the price is very good value considering the inclusions. We had a payment plan for early adopters but unfortunately we're too close to the event for the payment plan now.
There will also be an option to have a full buffet dinner at the hotel each night including Sunday for an additional $220. This add-on cost requires a minimum of 30 people, let us know if you’re interested in this option after you register.
Try Your Luck Bypass the Ballot!
We used a ballot system to sell the vast majority of tickets to this event to help avoid anyone being disadvantaged by not being at a computer when tickets went on sale.
We didn't sell out this time, so as we are approaching the event we're releasing the last few tickets on a first-come first-served basis, just register and we'll turn on your ability to purchase a ticket as soon as we can (keeping our L/F balance and safer spaces policy in mind).
No transfers, ever.
Your ticket is for you and only you. You may not pass a successful ballot entry or resulting purchased ticket to anybody else. No exceptions.
Our cancellation policy is as follows (also see our terms and conditions):
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any Ticket at any time for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Failure to meet payment deadlines as described in the Payment Plan.
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- An Applicant may cancel their own Ticket at any time for any reason.
- A Ticket cancelled:
- before 31 December 2017 will be refunded in full.
- before 28 January 2018 will have 50% of the paid ticket price refunded.
- before 25 February 2018 will have 20% of the paid ticket price refunded.
- on or after 25 February 2018 is not eligible for any refund.
- The Organisers may - at their sole discretion - refund more than the eligible amount upon the cancellation of a Ticket.
Will I have to pay all the money at once?
No! We’ll give you time to pay if you need it. Details are in our payment plan.
What if I have food intolerances/allergies?
Please let us know when you register for your pass (if you’re successful in the ballot) and we’ll advise the kitchen staff.
Is there a social pass?
The camp is intended to be an immersive, inclusive experience so there is only one ticket type - full pass. It’s all or nothing baby!
What’s the deal with the accommodation?
Swingin the Blues is a location event set in the Palais Royale Hotel. Every room has at least 2 beds in it with a private bathroom and minibar. Every participant will have a bed at the hotel.
If you register with a friend, you can share with them. If you register by yourself or with a friend that you don’t want to share a room with, there will be a facebook group to find someone.
The organisers take no responsibility for your choice of room-mate.
Will there be quiet rooms for accommodation?
There are no specific quiet rooms but the main dance hall is 2 floors below the accommodation so no one will be sleeping directly above any late night dancers.