Do Your Sums
At Swingin' the Blues we want to give you the complete package: an on-site, wonderful, stress free experience to allow you to focus on learning, dancing and getting to know the other dancers at the camp. Dance the night away for as long as you want (or can!), then wander to your room and sleep until breakfast is served the next day.
As such, there is only one ticket type for Swingin' the Blues, and it gets you all of this!:
- 4 nights accommodation in a fully serviced boutique hotel in the beautiful town of Katoomba.
- 3 days of lessons with 4 international and 8 Australian teachers.
- Breakfast each morning.
- 4 nights of social dancing until 2am.
An accomodation-inclusive pass (the only kind available) will cost you $1,129. We realise it's a big chunk of money but we believe the price is very good value considering the inclusions.
We have a payment plan available for early adopters.
There will also be an option to have dinner at the hotel each night including Sunday for an additional $40 per night (sold at cost).
Bring Your Friends!
When you register, or any time up until each ballot is drawn, you may link your ballot registration to another person. Just get their ballot code and put it in the "Ballot partner" field on your registration form.
Having a ballot partner simply means if one of you gets drawn in the ballot, the other person will too. It doesn't change your chance of being drawn.
We understand that for some people the ticket price is a bit of a challenge. As we have a limited number of beds we cannot meet our budget by adding more people, unless we fit more that two people in some of the rooms.
There are a few rooms at the hotel that hold more than two people, but we have to tell you: they're not very big. If you would like to try for a discounted ticket please follow these steps:
- Make sure all three or four room applicants have registered
- Email us requesting a group room and tell us:
- Which room type you wish to apply for (triple or quad)
- The names of all the people staying in the room
If there are more applications than available rooms, we will randomly select applications to accept. If you don't get accepted into a group room you will be included in the main ballot (if you have entered it).
Group room types
$3,087 ($1,029 per person) - triple room: can be either three single beds, or one queen and one single.
$3,516 ($879 per person) - quad room: two double beds, cannot be separated into singles.
Group booking additional terms and conditions
If you and your group are successful in applying for a group room you will be invoiced as a group and must pay for the entire room between you. Your group booking includes all your accomodation, workshops and breakfasts.
If you wish to cancel, the entire room must be cancelled and any available refunds will be applied as per our normal cancellation policy.
If you wish to change the occupants of the room you must contact us, as all attendees of the event must go through our registration procedure and are subject to our right to refuse entry.
If you wish to reduce the occupancy of the room, the full room price must still be paid.
Try Your Luck!
We use a ballot system to sell the vast majority of tickets to this event to help avoid anyone being disadvantaged by not being at a computer when tickets go on sale.
No transfers, ever.
Your ticket is for you and only you. You may not pass a successful ballot entry or resulting purchased ticket to anybody else. No exceptions.
Our cancellation policy is as follows (also see our terms and conditions):
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any Ticket at any time for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Failure to meet payment deadlines as described in the Payment Plan.
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- An Applicant may cancel their own Ticket at any time for any reason.
- A Ticket cancelled:
- before 31 December 2018 will be refunded in full.
- before 31 January 2019 will have 50% of the total ticket price refunded.
- on or after 1 February 2019 is not eligible for any refund.
- The Organisers may - at their sole discretion - refund more than the eligible amount upon the cancellation of a Ticket.
Will I have to pay all the money at once?
No! We’ll give you time to pay if you need it. Details are in our payment plan.
What if I have food intolerances/allergies?
Please let us know when you register for your pass (if you’re successful in the ballot) and we’ll advise the kitchen staff.
Is there a social pass?
The camp is intended to be an immersive, inclusive experience so there is only one ticket type - full pass. It’s all or nothing baby!
What’s the deal with the accommodation?
Swingin the Blues is a location event set in the Palais Royale Hotel. Every room has at least 2 beds in it with a private bathroom and minibar. Every participant will have a bed at the hotel.
If you register with a friend, you can share with them. If you register by yourself or with a friend that you don’t want to share a room with, there will be a facebook group to find someone. You do need to share a room with someone, there are no private individual rooms.
The organisers take no responsibility for your choice of room-mate. While we facilitate as much as we can, the final choice is up to you. We have had no need to intervene as yet, and we remain confident that attendees will be able to self-select in following years with our help.
Will there be quiet rooms for accommodation?
There are no specific quiet rooms but the main dance hall is away from most of the accommodation. If you're concerned about noise we recommend bringing earplugs. Socials generally go until 2am.
Once a Ticket has been secured, the following amounts will be due:
- 34% of your ticket price by 30 October 2018 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- 66% of your ticket price by 30 November 2018 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- 100% of your ticket price by 30 December 2018 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
See our Terms and Conditions for further details.