Skip to main content
Terms and Conditions
- ‘Individual’ refers to a single person.
- ‘Organisers’ refers to Swingin’ the Blues Pty Ltd and its Managing Directors.
- ‘Applicant’ refers to an Individual who completes and submits a ballot application form resulting in an account on swingintheblues.com.au.
- ‘Event’ refers to Swingin’ the Blues 2018, a dance tuition and social event run by the Organisers held in Katoomba from 25 to 29 March, 2018.
- ‘Ballot’ and ‘Ballot Draw’ refer to the process by which the Organisers will select Applicants who may purchase a Ticket for the Event. There may be more than one Ballot Draw for the Event.
- ‘Entry’ refers to a single entry in a Ballot submitted by an Applicant.
- ‘Selection’ refers to the event wherein an Applicant is selected during a Ballot and is allocated the right to purchase a Ticket.
- ‘Registration’ refers to the process by which an Applicant may purchase a Ticket if they have been selected during a Ballot.
- ‘Ticket’ refers to the right for an individual to attend the Event.
- ‘Safer Spaces Complaint’ refers to a report made about an individual to any dancing event or school, that involves harassment, assault, rape or any unlawful act.
- ‘Code of Conduct’ refers to the publicly available section entitled ‘Code of Conduct’ on the ‘Safety’ page of swingintheblues.com.au.
- Individuals may not enter the Ballot if they are aware of any Safe Spaces Complaint(s) against them, unless explicitly exempted by the Organisers in writing.
- Applicants may only have a maximum of one Ballot Entry.
- Any Applicant found to have breached conditions 1. or 2. will have their Entry(ies) revoked and will be banned from submitting any further Entries.
- Partially paid Tickets are invalid and do not grant an Individual the right to attend the Event.
- All Tickets are non-transferrable for any reason whatsoever.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any Ticket at any time, for any reason, in accordance with the Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any Ticket at any time for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Failure to meet payment deadlines as described in the Payment Plan.
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- An Applicant may cancel their own Ticket at any time for any reason.
- A Ticket cancelled:
- before 31 December 2017 will be refunded in full.
- before 28 January 2018 will have 50% of the paid ticket price refunded.
- before 25 February 2018 will have 20% of the paid ticket price refunded.
- on or after 25 February 2018 is not eligible for any refund.
- The Organisers may - at their sole discretion - refund more than the eligible amount upon the cancellation of a Ticket.
- Upon successful Selection in the Ballot, an Applicant will have 14 days in which to pay a deposit of $195 to secure a Ticket.
- Once a Ticket has been secured, the following amounts will be due:
- $250 by 30 October 2017 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- $250 by 30 November 2017 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- $250 by 30 December 2017 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- The total amount or $945 must be paid for the Ticket to be valid.