Skip to main content
Terms and Conditions
- ‘Individual’ refers to a single person.
- ‘Organisers’ refers to Swingin’ the Blues Pty Ltd and its Managing Directors.
- ‘Applicant’ refers to an Individual who completes and submits a ballot application form resulting in an account on swingintheblues.com.au.
- ‘Event’ refers to Swingin’ the Blues 2018, a dance tuition and social event run by the Organisers held in Katoomba from 25 to 29 March, 2018.
- ‘Ballot’ and ‘Ballot Draw’ refer to the process by which the Organisers will select Applicants who may purchase a Ticket for the Event. There may be more than one Ballot Draw for the Event.
- ‘Entry’ refers to a single entry in a Ballot submitted by an Applicant.
- ‘Selection’ refers to the event wherein an Applicant is selected during a Ballot and is allocated the right to purchase a Ticket.
- ‘Registration’ refers to the process by which an Applicant may purchase a Ticket if they have been selected during a Ballot.
- ‘Ticket’ refers to the right for an individual to attend the Event.
- 'Your ticket price' refers to the sum total owed by you as shown on your ticket screen, including the price of accomodation, workshops, included meals and any selected additional meals.
- ‘Safer Spaces Complaint’ refers to a report made about an individual to any dancing event or school, that involves harassment, assault, rape or any unlawful act.
- ‘Code of Conduct’ refers to the publicly available section entitled ‘Code of Conduct’ on the ‘Safety’ page of swingintheblues.com.au.
- Individuals may not enter the Ballot if they are aware of any Safe Spaces Complaint(s) against them, unless explicitly exempted by the Organisers in writing.
- Individuals may not enter the Ballot if they will not be over the age of 18 during any part of the duration of the event.
- Applicants may only have a maximum of one Ballot Entry (excluding group applications).
- Any Applicant found to have breached conditions 1. or 2. will have their Entry(ies) revoked and will be banned from submitting any further Entries.
- Partially paid Tickets are invalid and do not grant an Individual the right to attend the Event.
- All Tickets are non-transferrable for any reason whatsoever.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any Ticket at any time, for any reason, in accordance with the Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any Ticket at any time for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Failure to meet payment deadlines as described in the Payment Plan.
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- An Applicant may cancel their own Ticket at any time for any reason.
- A Ticket cancelled:
- before 31 December 2018 will be refunded in full.
- before 31 January 2019 will have 50% of the total ticket price refunded.
- on or after 1 February 2019 is not eligible for any refund.
- The Organisers may - at their sole discretion - refund more than the eligible amount upon the cancellation of a Ticket.
- Upon successful Selection in the Ballot, an Applicant will have 14 days in which to pay a deposit of $100 to secure a Ticket.
- Once a Ticket has been secured, the following amounts will be due:
- 34% of your ticket price by 30 October 2018 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- 66% of your ticket price by 30 November 2018 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- 100% of your ticket price by 30 December 2018 or upon securing a ticket, whichever is later.
- The total amount of your ticket price must be paid for the Ticket to be valid.
Group booking additional terms and conditions
- If you and your group are successful in applying for a group room you will be invoiced as a group and must pay for the entire room between you. Your group booking includes all your accomodation, workshops and breakfasts.
- If you wish to cancel, the entire room must be cancelled and any available refunds will be applied as per our normal cancellation policy.
- If you wish to change the occupants of the room you must contact us, as all attendees of the event must go through our registration procedure and are subject to our right to refuse entry.
- If you wish to reduce the occupancy of the room, the full room price must still be paid.